VSA Florida conducts a variety of professional development workshops, webinars, and teleconferences. Goals for the professional development workshops include increasing disability awareness, changing the perception of people with disabilities, and increasing knowledge about inclusion strategies.
- Educating for All - This workshop provides tips for developing universally-designed curriculum that allows all students to be successful in arts learning experiences, explores specific accommodations and adaptations for including children with disabilities, and includes instruction strategies and classroom management appropriate for all students. This session is appropriate for teaching artists, classroom teachers, paraprofessionals, staff and administrators. (1.5-4 hours)
- Start with the Arts- This workshop teaches participants how to implement the State with the Arts curriculum resource guide that links the arts and pre-literacy skills using age appropriate lessons for early childhood learners. Participants will engage in hands-on lessons from the guide with professional teaching artists in music, movement, drama and/or visual art. This session is appropriate for early childhood educators, staff and parents. (2-4 hours)
- Modern Skills for Success/ArtThread Training- This program teaches participants how to use the ArtThread program to engage transition-age students in creative social networking and simple graphic design. Please click here for the Step by Step Modern Skills Directions, online tutorial, and August 2014 webinar.
Ongoing Webinar Series
VSA Florida provides monthly webinars during the school year so that teaching artists, classroom teachers, cultural arts organizations and adult artists with disabilities can keep up-to-date on the latest information on the arts and disability. These webinars are provided free of charge; however, registration is required. For more information, click here.
- Powerpoint- Challenging Behavior
- Powerpoint- Classroom Management
- Powerpoint- Drama and UDL
- Powerpoint- Including Students with Disabilities
- Powerpoint- Supporting Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders in the Arts
- Powerpoint- Curriculum Mapping and Universal design for Learning
- Webinar - Making the Arts Accessible for Students with Multiple and Profound Disabilities
- Identifying Standards using CPALMS
- Inclusion of Students with Disabilities
- Art Education Guide
- Start with the Arts Guide
- Lesson Plans from the Integrated Dance Conference
- The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts: Valuable resources about accessibility, arts and education are available for teachers, students, parents, artists and arts administrators. www.kennedy-center.org/accessibility/education/lead/resources.html
- The Kennedy Center Adaptive Arts Resources: Provides a list of sources for adaptive art supplies and tools for artists and musicians from VSA Arts. www.kennedy-center.org/education/vsa/resources/adaptive_resources.cfm
- Free Webinars from the John F Kennedy Center