Experience the extravagance and grandeur of a Victorian Christmas at the Henry B. Plant Museum’s 36th Annual Victorian Christmas Stroll. Allowing visitors a glimpse into the magic of Christmas past, the event begins December 1 and occurs daily through December 23, from 10 am – 8 pm.
With the wide variety of decorations, there is sure to be something for everyone. We are proud to offer an interactive sensory tree activity for visitors with sensory disabilities. Look closely in exhibit cases and you will find tiny antique trees as small as 1” in height. Be amazed at decorations harkening back to the Tampa Bay area’s history of aviation. Gaze in wonder at antique ornaments and colorful nutcrackers in an old-fashioned Christmas scene. Other decorations include a replica Plant System train, vintage fashions, antique toys, locally sourced items, and fanciful ornaments.
The Victorian Christmas Stroll celebrates the warmth and spirit of an old fashioned holiday, while encouraging a sense of community. Complimentary cider and cookies will be served on the veranda each day while holiday music floats through the air. Guests can enjoy live music each evening from 6 pm – 8 pm. Shoppers in the Museum Store will find snuggly Teddy Bears available for purchase. For each bear bought in the Store, the Museum will donate another one to the Tampa Police Department Family Violence Unit.
The Museum will host a number of special performances during the Victorian Christmas Stroll. Included are:
- December 1: Member Appreciation Day, Stroll Grand Opening
- Featuring: Classical Guitar with John Barr 10 am – 12 pm and Classical Harp with Damara Chaudhuri 1 – 3 pm.
- December 1-10: Drop off your Letters to Santa!
- December 3, 10, 17: Upstairs/Downstairs Live Theater, 2 pm
- December 9: Metropolitan Youth Orchestra
- December 21: Music in the Museum, 11 am
- December 17: Children’s Day at the Stroll, 10 am – 5 pm
- Featuring: Bits ‘N Pieces Puppet Theatre, paper crafting, story-time, and more.
The Museum Store is a treasure trove of unique gifts, including elegant jewelry, artwork and beautiful holiday accessories. Enjoy shopping in a unique Victorian atmosphere: the Museum Store is open from 10 am to 8 pm daily.
Proceeds from the Victorian Christmas Stroll fund museum restoration and preservation projects, as well as educational programming.