Arts4All Florida provides monthly webinars during the school year so that teaching artists, classroom teachers, cultural arts organizations and adult artists with disabilities can keep up-to-date on the latest information on the arts and disability. These webinars are provided free of charge; however, registration is required.
October: Teaching Transition Skills in the Visual Art Room
Learn how to effectively incorporate transition skills for students with special needs into your visual art curriculum. This webinar will focus on high school age students.
Presenter: Karen Rosenburg has been teaching art for over 22 years. She currently teaches visual arts and ceramics at New Hope-Solebury High School in New Hope, PA where she is also the District Special Area Curriculum Liaison. She received her B.A. in Art Education from Kutztown University and her M.A. in Art Education with an Emphasis in Special Populations from Moore College of Art and Design. Karen is also the Pennsylvania Art Education Association (PAEA) Special Needs in Art Education Chair and the 2018 PAEA Outstanding Special Needs Art Educator.
- October 22, 4-5 pm (east coast)
- October 29, 4-5 pm (east coast)
To register for this webinar, visit https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4471787/2018-2019-Webinar-Registration.
The webinar links and dial-in information will be provided when you register.
2018-2019 Archived Webinars
- Residency Nuts & Bolts - August 22, 2018
- Lessons that Work #1 - September 12, 2018
- Lessons that Work #2 - September 13, 2018
- Slides from September webinar - Lessons that Work #1
- Slides from September webinar - Lessons that Work #2
2017-2018 Archived Webinars:
- Differentiation in the Creative Classroom - September 27, 2017
- ACES and Trauma-Informed Teaching in Art Education - October 27, 2017
- Universal Access Via Technology Provides Music Making for All - November 19, 2017
- Intro to Accommodations in the Arts - December 7, 2017
- Engaging ALL Learners Using Alternative Painting and Printing Techniques - January 25, 2018
- Reaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders - February 21, 2018
- Here and Wow - Creative Activities for the Classroom using the ArtThread Gallery - March 16, 2018
- Theater for All - May 1, 2018
- The Inclusive Art Room: Strategies for Success in Elementary Visual Art - May 7, 2018
- Choosing Creativity: Choice-Based Art Education for the Inclusive Classroom - May 24, 2017
- Exploring Today's Marketing Frontier - April 28, 2017
- Sculpture for ALL Learners - April 13, 2017
- Polishing Your Artistic Image - March 22, 2017
- Technology for Including Students with Disabilities in Music Activities - March 13, 2017
- Notes from the Field: Theater and Drama - February 17, 2017
- Techniques for Including Students with EBD- January 23, 2017
- Making the Arts Accessible for Students with Multiple and Profound Disabilities - October 19, 2016
- Integrated Dance Techniques - December 9, 2016
VSA Florida webinars are supported in part by the Florida Department of Education’s Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services and the Florida Department of State’s Division of Cultural Affairs.