VSA Florida (VSAFL) provides meaningful learning experiences that increase artistic skills, foster creativity, promote social skills, and provide new ways of communication.
Each year, VSA Florida provides direct services to all 67 counties in Florida and serves over 60,000 individuals with disabilities, as we endeavor to create a world in which the arts are universally accessible.
In 2014, VSA Florida:
- Served 63,951 people through 431 programs. 90% of our programs were provided free of charge
- Served 3,439 students in 167 schools and Department of Juvenile Justice facilities through My Art My Way multi-week artist in residence programs
- Trained 1,168 teachers, teaching artists, museum staff, and cultural organization professionals on accessibility and accommodations
- Partnered with over 35 organizations across the state of Florida
- Participated in 12 exhibitions of art by students and adults with disabilities
- Launched the first summer camp “Animation Gets Real” for 30 teens with Autism
- Reached out to hundreds of cancer survivors, amputees, and veterans through our community performances of Anita Hollander’s Still Standing
- Employed 111 teaching artists to conduct programs and classes, injecting $106,987 into Florida’s economy